Elana R. Jacobs
Elana R. Jacobs is an Associate Attorney with Winer, Burritt & Tillis LLP in their Oakland office where she primarily represents employees and injured people in employment discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wrongful termination, sexual assault, civil rights, and personal injury cases.
Ms. Jacobs is dedicated not only to zealous representation of her clients, but also to ensuring her clients understand and have access to the judicial process.
Elana has worked with multiple employment discrimination firms in the Bay Area, representing employees and workers. She also worked in the Office of Campus Counsel at the University of California, Santa Cruz. She is particularly passionate about representing women who have been sexually harassed. Her article with D. Kelly Weisberg, entitled, Doctors Miss Signs of IPV in Certain Patient Groups, was recently published in Family and Intimate Partner Violence Quarterly.
Elana earned her J.D. from the University of California, Hastings College of the Law in San Francisco. She graduated cum laude. During law school, she won the Witkin Award for Excellence in her Domestic Violence and Criminal Sentencing classes; she also won an award for her Moot Court brief. Elana externed for a judge in the Superior Court of San Francisco and volunteered at the UC Hastings Civil Justice Clinic and the Employment Law Center’s Workers’ Rights Clinic. Additionally, she was a member of the Hastings Women’s Law Journal and a research and teaching assistant. Elana attended Smith College in Northampton, Massachusetts.
She is a licensed member of the State Bar of California.
Areas of Practice
- Employment Discrimination
- Wrongful Termination
- Sexual Assault
- Civil Rights
- Personal Injury Cases
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, San Francisco, California
- J.D. cum laude
- Honors: Witkin Award for Excellence
- Honors: Moot Court brief
- Honors: Superior Court of San Francisco, Extern
- Honors: UC Hastings Civil Justice Clinic and the Employment Law Center’s Workers’ Rights Clinic, Volunteer
- Law Journal: Hastings Women’s Law Journal, Member
- Doctors Miss Signs of IPV in Certain Patient Groups, Family and Intimate Partner Violence Quarterly
Professional Associations and Memberships
- California Employment Lawyers Association, Member
- Consumer Attorneys of America, Member
- Alameda-Contra Costa Trial Lawyers Association, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Office of Campus Counsel at the University of California